Applying for a degree programme
Every programme at the University of Amsterdam has its own entry requirements, application procedure and deadlines. You can find the general steps below.
On this page:
Application steps for Master's programmes
See our website for Master's programmes.
Application steps for Bachelor's programmes
- Choose an English-taught programme or a Dutch-taught programme (to see the specific application procedure)
- Check the entry requirements* and application deadlines
- Submit enrolment application in Studielink (before the application deadline)
- Submit your application form
- Register for and participate in UvA Matching** or the selection procedure*** (only for Bachelor's programmes)
- Pay the tuition fee (after admission)
*Approved qualifications for English-taught Bachelor's
Check our list of approved qualifications per country for admission to English-taught Bachelor's programmes in 2019-2020.
(For non-selective English-taught Bachelor’s programmes)
UvA Matching is an (online) introduction to the Bachelor’s programme for which you are applying. It is a mandatory part of the application procedure for all non-selective Bachelor’s programmes.
(For selective English-taught Bachelor's programmes)
The UvA offers three selective Bachelor’s programmes taught in English. Selective programmes have limited number of places are available and places are offered based on a selection procedure.