Accountancy and Control: Accountancy (track)
More info about this programme? Check this recorded webinar.
Request the brochure
Get a clear overview of the programme in our 4 page brochure. Receive the brochure now (more than 50 downloaded per month).
The Accountancy track in the Accountancy and Control Master’s programme is for you if you seek a career in a financial function, as an auditor, but also as a financial professional in the business world or in not-for-profit organisations. The programme provides you with in-depth knowledge of financial information flows and their role in financial management, as well as the professional skills to apply this knowledge to the practical world of business or the public sector.
- Prepare for a career as an auditor or financial professional;
- develop your financial expertise by acquiring both conceptual knowledge of and technical skills in accountancy and control;
- follow our multidisciplinary programme and qualify for top-level Post-master programmes;
- after completing the programme, you are eligible for exemptions for up to seven papers towards the international ACCA accreditation (see www.accaglobal.com).
One Master's programme, two tracks
The Master's programme in Accountancy & Control offers two top-level academic specialisation tracks:
Both tracks offer a common knowledge base in Accountancy and Control, as well as in-depth specialised courses and subject matter.
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive an accredited Master’s degree in Accountancy and Control and the title Master of Science (MSc).
The Amsterdam Business School
The Amsterdam Business School at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) has an excellent reputation, with an international focus and many highly reputable researchers and teachers. The UvA, placed 57th in the QS World University Rankings 2016-2017, is a challenging environment where critical thinking and an independent and inquisitive mind can roam free. Thanks to a diverse influx of students and an active network of international alumni, you’ll be able to share memories with other ABS graduates for years to come.
Rankings and reputation
- 57th in world and 1 st in Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2016-2017);
- 45th worldwide in the Faculty Area Rankings for Social Sciences and Management (QS World University Rankings 2015-2016);
- 63th and 2nd in the Netherlands (Times Higher Education rankings 2016-2017);
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), an exclusive network of renowned research universities;
- member of Universitas 21, a network of 27 leading research-intensive universities in 17 countries;
- the Amsterdam Business School holds the prestigious EQUIS accreditation (European Foundation for Management Development);
- the Amsterdam Business School is granted Cedeo certification for 2014-2017;
- the Amsterdam Business School holds the prestigious Triple Crown status (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited).
The Amsterdam Business School also offers the MSc in Accountancy & Control as a part-time programme which is aimed at those who wish to obtain an MSc title alongside their job. The programme is taught in Dutch and all lectures and seminars take place solely on Fridays. Please refer to the links below for information on the part-time programmes (in Dutch only).
- MSc Accountancy and Control
- Regulier onderwijs
- Voltijd, deeltijd
- 60 EC, 12 maanden