Finance: Quantitative Finance (track)
More info about this programme? Check this recorded webinar.
Note: This track will start in September 2017!
The Quantitative Finance track is for students in Finance with strong analytical skills and an interest in (Big) Data analysis and applications in Finance. The skills and theory you’ll find here are highly relevant for finance disciplines such as risk management, asset management and investment banking. There is a large and growing demand for such analytical skills in the world of finance. Do you have a mind for mathematics and an interest for data driven analysis applied to financial decision making? This may well be the track for you.
- Become fluent in complex risk modelling for regulatory regimes like Basel III;
- understand and help develop the role of big data in finance;
- launch your career at a faculty with a fine reputation in finance, big data and econometrics.
One master's programme, five tracks
The Master’s programme in Finance consists of five top-level academic specialisation tracks that build on the strengths of the UvA Finance Group:
- Asset Management
- Banking and Regulation
- Corporate Finance
- Quantitative Finance (starts September 2017)
- Real Estate Finance
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s Finance and the title Master of Science (MSc).
Rankings and reputation
- is 55th in world and 1st in Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2015-2016);
- 45th worldwide in the Faculty Area Rankings for Social Sciences and Management (QS World University Rankings 2015-2016);
- top 50 Social Science Universities and 1st in Netherlands (Times Higher Education rankings 2015-2016);
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), an exclusive network of renowned research universities;
- member of Universitas 21, a network of 27 leading research-intensive universities in 17 countries.
- 60 ECTS EC, 12 maanden
- EQUIS, AACSB