Breakfast workshop: Patents
What is a patent? Why should I apply for it? What can I use it for? What’s in it for me?
The patent workshop offers a highly interactive program, with much room for questions and discussions.
The program will deal with the following topics:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What is a patent?
- Importance of patents
- Who is entitled to file a patent?
- What can you do with a patent?
- What is the content of a patent?
- What is a patentable invention?
- What are the criteria for patentability?
- Balance between patenting and publication
- Overview of the patenting process
- Patenting and collaborating with Industry
When and Where?
Date: Thursday 8 November 2018 from 08:30 till 10:30 (breakfast will be served)
Location: IXA Office UvA-HvA, Science Park Amsterdam 904, room B0.160 (Het Glazen Huis)
Who will benefit from this workshop?
The workshop is intended for scientists, potential inventors and support staff from Amsterdam UMC, HvA, UvA, VU, the NWO Institutes and KNAW. No specific background or knowledge in intellectual property is required. This workshop is developed by IXA.
If you want to join this workshop please complete the registration form.
For more information please contact Caroline Kleine Staarman at 020 - 59 86 916 or email@example.com.
Participation is free of charge but registration is required. Breakfast will be served.