PPLE Admissions Officer
Faculty of Law (PPLE college) – Education Service Centre
- 7 augustus 2017
- €2,161 to €3,292 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 30 augustus 2017
- 30,4 to 38 hours per week
Since September 2014, PPLE College at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) offers an interdisciplinary, research-based, English taught bachelor in Politics, Psychology, Law & Economics (PPLE). PPLE College is a collaborative effort by the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the Faculty of Economics and Business and the Amsterdam Law School.
Distinctive features of PPLE College are the selection of students and it’s small-scale and intensive character. This cumulates in an annual, maximum inflow of 200 students from some 1000 applicants. The extensive and selective admissions procedure is organized by the PPLE Admissions Office, under the responsibility of the Coordinator PPLE Admissions Office. In order to support the Coordinator, PPLE College is in search of a PPLE Admissions Officer.
Activities formally take place within the Education Service Centre (ESC) of the University of Amsterdam’s Law School in which PPLE College finds its administrative home. The PPLE Admissions Officer is therefore hierarchically placed under the head of the ESC. Execution of the work, including daily tasks and office space, will be done in the Admissions Office of PPLE College at the site of PPLE College.
Assisting in the administrative processing of PPLE Admissions, focusing on:
- application, admission, intake (and rejection) procedures;
- communication with students in different stages of the admissions process.
- administrative assistance of the full process of application, admission, intake and rejection procedures;
- support the Coordinator in the organisation of the Admissions Office of PPLE College and all its administrative processes;
- advise the Coordinator on the optimisation of administrative aspects of Admissions and draft improvements;
- administrative execution of the notification and information of prospective students at large and individual communication and advise to prospective students with standard questions;
- administrative assistance with the preparation and follow up on the decisions made by the PPLE College Selection Committee;
- contribution to the organization and participate in the organization and execution of recruitment activities such as Information Sessions, Webinars, Student for a Day events, Open Bachelor Days;
- maintaining contact with relevant central services of the UvA, such as Central Student Administration and Student Services.;
- meet the high quality standards of the admissions policy and it’s deadlines at PPLE College.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- minimum of two years relevant work experience;
- accurate and meticulous work attitude;
- excellent written and spoken command of English (native or near-native);
- excellent organizational and communications skills;
- proactive and flexible organizer and self-igniting team player;
- experience with working in an international (English) working environment;
- experience with (assisting in the) organization of events;
- knowledge of foreign educational systems and diploma levels (credential evaluation) is considered a pre;
- affinity with, and interest in excellence/honours students and the PPLE curriculum;
- experience with INProces/SIS/Topdesk/CMS Hippo/Kofax/Excel is considered a pre.
For further information, please contact:
The appointment will be for 30,4 to 38 hours per week. The gross full-time monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for Student Affairs Officer at Dutch universities, scales 7 to 8 (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), i.e. ranging from €2,161 to €3,292 depending on relevant experience. Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end-of-year Bonus.
Extension of the contract is subject to satisfactory performance after the first year.
Applications should include a cover letter and CV. Applications should be submitted before 30 August 2017 with reference to vacancy number 17-402, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the selection committee. #LI-POST
No agencies please