Student Assistant Communication and Events
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences – Graduate School of Communication
- 10 augustus 2017
- €1,931 to €2,251 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 20 augustus 2017
- 8 hours per week
The Graduate School of Communication (GSC) is responsible for the education within the Master’s in Communication Science (four tracks), the Research Master’s in Communication Science and the Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation at the University of Amsterdam. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative student assistant to support in communication activities and events.
The student assistant Communication and Events will be expected to fulfil the following tasks:
* Helping out with all sorts of communications activities, such as:
- maintaining and updating websites (no technical knowledge required);
- drafting texts and designing newsletters for current and potential students;
- designing communication outlets for e.g. narrowcasting.
* Organising smaller and larger events, like:
- Introduction Day;
- Master’s Information events;
- Master’s Elective event.
* Supporting the study advisers, policy advisers and communication officer with ad hoc projects.
- starts or is enrolled in the pre-Master’s or (Research) Master’s in Communication Science in September 2017 and still has to study for a year within one of these programmes (ideally);
- is proactive and thinks two steps ahead;
- is able to work independently;
- is creative, easy going and flexible;
- has strong verbal and written English skills;
- understands Dutch or is confident about working with Dutch instructions (from time to time).
For specific questions about the job position, please contact:
Start: immediately (prerequisite). The position of student assistant Communication & Events (master level) is scale student assistant, ranging from €1,958 to €2,283 gross per month (full-time). This position is for a fixed term (1 year). The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Applications should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation. The application deadline is 20 August 2017. #LI-DNP
No agencies please