Ombudsstudent for the Graduate School of Communication
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences – Graduate School of Communication Science
- 7 mei 2018
- €1,958 to €2,283 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 11 juni 2018
- 8 hours per week
The Graduate School of Communication (GSC) is responsible for the education within the (pre-) Master’s in Communication Science (four tracks), the Research Master’s in Communication Science and the Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation at the University of Amsterdam.
We are looking for an enthousiastic and involved ombudsstudent. This student is the link between the Graduate School of Communication and its students.
As ombudsstudent you will be expected to fulfil the following tasks:
- giving the management of the GSC requested and unsolicited advice regarding student interests;
- identifying student wishes and complaints and keeping close ties with the study association and the Faculty Student Council;
- recruiting student representatives and chairing monthly student representative meetings;
- participating in GSC meetings and attending meetings of the Educational Committee (OC) and the Board of Studies;
- facilitating focus groups at the end of every semester in cooperation with the policy advisers;
- occasionally helping the GSC organizationally or administratively with ad-hoc projects; such as the Master’s Day, Career Matters or the Graduation Ceremony.
- start with the (Research) Master’s in Communication Science in September 2018 or still has to study for a year within one of these programmes (ideally);
- are actively involved in the Communication Science programme;
- are eager to represent the interests of the students as well as the programme;
- are proactive;
- stand in the middle of student life at the UvA;
- understand Dutch or are willing to learn Dutch (preferably).
For specific questions about the job position, please contact:
Start: 1 September 2018.
The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of one year. This period may be extended to the end of the duration of the (research) Master’s programme.
The position of ombudsstudent (master level) is scale Student Assistant, ranging from €1,958 to €2.283 gross per month on a full-time basis. This position is for a fixed term (1 year). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
You may submit your application via email to Elske Verkruijsse. Your application must include a curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation. The application deadline is 11 June 2018.
We will hold Interviews from 18 to 22 June 2018. #LI-DNP
No agencies please