Coordinator MA Law and Finance and ACLE
Amsterdam Law School
- 31 oktober 2018
- hbo / universitair
- €2,640 to €4,166 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week
- 18 november 2018
- 22,8 hours per week
The MLF is a one-year selective programme, taught in English and open to both Dutch and international students. It culminates in an LLM issued by the Amsterdam Law School. The Master was launched in September 2018 and is offered jointly by the Amsterdam Law School and the Amsterdam Business School. The main objective of the programme is to provide students with interdisciplinary education at the intersection between law and finance, which is highly regarded by the labour market, particularly by international consultancies, law firms, and policymakers. More information on this programme can be found online at: Law and Finance.
The goal of the ACLE is to promote top-quality research at the intersection between law and economics. The ACLE is an interdisciplinary platform meant to attract world-class research in the field of law and economics. This center of excellence hosts a variety of activities such as international conferences, exchange of scholars, interfaculty and interuniversity projects, all of which result in publications with significant scientific and societal impact. The overarching goal of the ACLE is to encourage co-operation of scientists at the University of Amsterdam with the international academia on relevant law and economics topics such as competition policy, law and finance, economics of property rights, and the legal implications of new technologies, among others. On this perspective, there are important synergies between the ACLE and the MLF.
MLF and ACLE are a joint initiatives of the Economics (FEB) and Law School (FdR) of the University of Amsterdam, housed on the modern Roeterseiland Campus (REC) in the centre of Amsterdam.
Execution of coordination tasks in support of the MLF within the Department of Private Law, as well as in support of the ACLE.
For the MLF the coordinator will support the programme director in leading the Master in MLF. This support includes the following tasks:
- coordination of teaching within the Master including: quality assurance of the programme, creation of the teaching guides, arranging meetings for all lecturers and coordinators to align their courses, submitting the list of examiners to the head of the examinations board;
- establishing a student board at the beginning of every academic year;
- marketing tasks including updates of the website, posting on social media and working with google adworks as well as organising the opening event, the Masters day, mini-lectures and speed-dates with MA students;
- providing adequate and timely information to prospective students;
- coordinating the selection process of applicants;
- supporting the organisation of extra-curricular and social events;
- liaising with the faculty’s and the university’s administration to perform the above tasks.
For the ACLE the coordinator will support the director in leading the Center. In particular, this support includes the following tasks:
- drafting interim reports on the Center’s activities and future planning;
- drafting yearly budgets and financial reports of the Center;
- collecting internal and external feedback on the Center’s performance, and formulating recommendations on how to improve it;
- organizing events such as conferences and seminars for the Center;
- assisting foreign scholars in arranging short visits to the Center;
- assisting junior and senior scholars in the preparation of research grants;
- creating and maintaining a mailing list of members of and affiliates to the Center;
- establishing and maintaining a working paper series;
- drafting and circulating a quarterly newsletter;
- designing and maintaining the ACLE website;
- assisting the director in the governance of the centre;
- assisting the directors in branding and marketing the ACLE worldwide.
- is capable of thinking and operating as a professional (level: higher education, preferably university level);
- has experience with coordination tasks, preferably within a university;
- has a talent for managing and navigating organisations;
- is well-organized, flexible, takes pride in accuracy, and is capable of dealing with stress and peak loads;
- has excellent communication skills, likes to deal with international students and academics, and in general with people having an international and multicultural background;
- is proactive and service oriented and has a great sense of responsibility and integrity;
- is capable of functioning independently and within a team;
- has excellent command of Dutch and of English, both written and spoken;
- understanding of and experience with interdisciplinary education and research is preferable.
For further information, please contact
The appointment will be for 1 year preferably starting on 1 December 2018; subject to a positive evaluation and the success of the Master and the ACLE the appointment will be extended for 1 year. The salary will be in accordance with the salary scale for ‘onderwijscoordinator’ at Dutch universities, i.e. salary scale 10, ranging from €2,640 to €4,166 gross per month, based on 38 hours per week. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
You may direct your letter of application, including a detailed curriculum vitae to the Selection committee using the link below. Please mention vacancy number18-659 in the subject heading of the email. #LI-POST
No agencies please